Friday, April 13, 2012

What goes up must come back down... Faster.

Worry # 2? Getting lost.


This is what I am leaving...



And this is where I am going...


For some reason, I dont think the pictures do it justice. My hometown is spread out.  Pittsburgh? Not so much. To me, its big. For one thing, Im used to roads that go straight. They go from East to West and North to South. Rarely is there a road that goes in a diagonal direction. It just doesnt make sense to. If you need to go NE, you drive a ways to the North and then you head East. Plain and simple.
Pittsburgh, on the other hand, scares me. They have numerous interstates (which I think they call Parkways, but in all reality, it is an interstate) that shoot off in all directions. And they all seem to do so at the same time. As we now know, I cant even think before I speak... can you imagine me trying to think which road I need as cars are flying past me while I am staring at 6 signs wanting to lead me in 6 directions?! Oy.

Moving on to worry #3: Going 90mph down a hill on ice... NOT on purpose.

Now... while Florida has straight roads, we also have flat roads. BUT...  Pittsburgh has some of the steepest hills (maybe they are mountains, I am not too sure how to refer to them yet) that I have ever encountered. Every time I see them all I can think about is trying to drive on them when they are covered in snow and ice. Then I quickly try not to think about it.

I know, I know, they have salt trucks that come along and they help dissolve the ice. And, yes, they have the trucks that come push the snow off to the side of the road. But despite the fact that I have no idea how they manage to cover all of the roads before people have to leave for work in the morning... there has to be some side streets and such that are still covered in ice. So, my thought is, when you go to drive up a hill in the winter when there is ice or snow, your car HAS to slide back down. Backwards. Or what if you are driving down a hill, wouldnt you just keep speeding up faster and faster and unable to slow down until you hit something nice and firm at the bottom? I think Galileo may know the answers and prove me right. At any rate, I shudder at this thought.

Note to self... buy a GPS and an old junk car for safe travels.



"Im one of those regular weird people" ~ Janis Joplin

No comments:

Post a Comment