Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jittery Jit.. Jit..Jitters...

This is it. By the time this posts, I will have just about 4 more days as a Florida resident. Then, I will be on the long 18-hour trekk to Pittsburgh in a mini caravan of cars and a moving truck that contains every material possession I have accumulated. Scary? A bit.


I had no idea I would react the way that I am. All of the worries that I previously blogged about... I am about ready to face them head-on. It was not as big of a deal just writing about them as it is knowing that I am going to have to reach my hand out and greet them. And, of course, battle with them, fight them, throw them down and stomp on them. Im going to need alot of energy for that! Good thing I have kept my ninja skills out of the moving truck and in my back pocket.


I feel sad leaving friends and family.... I dont want to cry, but I know that I will. Im a barrel of emotions when it comes to things like that. A farewell party? I will have to warm up my vocals singing... "Its my party and I'll cry if I want to... " Maybe I can stick some tissue under my eyes and hold it on with a rubber band around my head.


The sad thing is I dont really know why I would be crying. Yes, I am leaving. Yes, I am going to miss people. But, it is not like I am not going to see them ever again. Heck, its not even like I see them all the time now! So what is the big deal?! Here is what I discovered....


My crying is a response of energy and emotions that have been built up over the last few months. I think my body doesnt know a better way to get it out. So, why not cry? Why, thank you... I think I will.


My competition... here. :-)


On the flip side, every daydream I have had for the last several months is becoming a reality. I am extremely excited. When I was younger, I feared change. But, as I have grown, I embrace it; welcome it. With that said... I look forward to:


1. Fighting with the Steelers.
2. Sliding down a hill on ice while driving someone else's car.
3. Carrying, but never having to use, my blow up raft to exit the city.
4. Learning a new language.
5. Making new friends.
6. Getting lost.
7. Getting lost.
8. Getting lost.
9. Learning how the use the GPS on my phone so I dont get lost.
10. Not having to fear lizards.
11. Seeing the change of seasons and raking leaves in the fall. (Then jumping in them as I have seen in movies. haha. Though, I am sure, as an adult, it wont feel as nice)
12. Making snow angels.
13. Discovering new places.
14. Learning to love the LAKE.
15. Hiking trails... that dont go on a flat sidewalk next to a stinky canal or swamp.


Well, that is about it. Im a ball of emotions - anxious, scared, excited, sad, dreamy - but I guess that is what new adventures are all about. It took forever for this day to arrive... next post? From my home in Pittsburgh, PA. Sees ya (Pittsburghese)


"Im one of those regular weird people" ~ Janis Joplin

1 comment:

  1. So long, farewell, it's time to say goodbye ! Both Joshua and I will miss you xoxo Amy and Joshua

    ReplyDelete